All Backup Solutions are not created equal.
The following terms may help you to understand the differences
- File Backup – Only backup files and folders (like excel or word documents), no applications or operating systems are backed up
- Image Backup – Complete snapshot of the machines hard drive at that point in time is backed up including all files, folders, MBR, OS.
- Bare Metal Restore – A backup that can be restored to hardware other than the hardware is was backed up from
- Virtualization Backup – The ability to run your backup as a virtual machine (requires virtual host in most cases)
- Cloud Backup – Offsite backup on some cloud platforms, such as Amazon S3, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Full Backup – A complete backup of the hard drive with boot records etc.
- Differential Backup – A backup of only the files that have changed since the last full backup (requires a good full backup to be effective)
- Incremental Backup – Also back up only the changed data, but they only back up the data that has changed since the last backup — be it a full or incremental backup.
- Local Backup – A backup onto a storage device on the same network as the device being backed up. (Usually to a USB disk, NAS, or other disks)
Most backup providers only provide part of the backup and disaster recovery solution. Which means your time to recover is slower, the data you back up is not complete, and it is easy for hackers to access and delete backups.
Foris’s backup solutions were developed in house, in joint partnership with one of the largest Global Imaging and Security companies in the world. Our solutions for Dental offices combined the need for HIPAA security, while at the same time the backup and restore process is faster than many traditional backup solutions. Foris backup solution combines local and cloud backups into one enterprise backup server and allows us to be able to have access to ALL of the above mentioned backup capabilities, with security, and HIPAA compliance in one application with one fee. No one else in the industry has the same solution we developed specifically with Dental Clinic needs in mind.
What does that mean to you? Recovery from a system failure is much faster, backups are more secure, and even if we restore on different hardware—in Texas or elsewhere your data is protected.